COMPANY FORMATION FOR START-UPS
If you are planning to start a new company then you may require advice and assistance with the process, here at Harvest Accountants we have assisted many start-ups with the smooth formation of their new company.
FORMATION OF THE COMPANY
A limited company is a company ‘limited by shares’ or ‘limited by guarantee’. There are many decisions to make and tasks to carry out when forming a start-up limited company and we can guide you on the following:
- Checking if setting up a limited company is right for you,
- Choosing a name (that isn’t already taken)
- Registering directors and a company secretary,
- Registering the shareholders or guarantors,
- Identify people with significant control (PSC) over your company,
- Preparing documents agreeing on how to run your company,
- Checking what records you’ll need to keep,
- Registering your company with Companies House and HMRC
AFTER THE FORMATION OF YOUR COMPANY
Registering for Taxes – After the initial process of forming your limited company, you will also need to consider if you are required to register for HMRC business taxes such as PAYE, VAT as well as Corporation Tax. This is something we can assist you with.
Accounting Software and Processes – It is important to get off on the right foot with your accounting processes and records. We are certified partners and advisors with the leading accounting software company’s such as Xero, Quickbooks, FreeAgent, and Sage, our in-depth knowledge of all these software applications allows us to advise which one is best suited to your particular business and industry.
Business Plans & Forecasts – Planning and budgeting are key to a business’s success. We have the management tools in place to assist your new start-up with a comprehensive business plan and cash flow projection for the first 12 months and beyond. Business plans and cash flow projections will not only estimate your anticipated profit (or loss) but can also indicate how much investment may be needed and when you need it.
OUR COMPANY FORMATION SERVICES
If you would like our team to assist with your company formation then we would be delighted to help, our comprehensive service will include:
- Company Formation
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Share Certificates
- Company Register
- Production of First Minutes
- Business Bank Account Applications
- PAYE Registration (if required)
- VAT Registration (if required)
- Advice on Choosing the Right Accounting Software for Your Company
- Preparation of Business Plans and Forecasts (including a cash flow projection)
ONGOING SERVICES FOR YOUR NEW COMPANY
Once your business is up and running, we can also assist with your ongoing accounting needs, our company offers the following services:
- VAT Return Preparation and Filing
- Management Accounts
- Annual Accounts and Filing
- Payroll Services
- Business Tax Planning and Services
Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss any of the above services, we would love to help.